Christian Churches Together…
The purpose of Christian Churches Together is to enable churches and national Christian organizations to grow closer together in Christ in order to strengthen our Christian witness in the world.
While this purpose may be claimed by other national organizations, the unique vision that informs Christian Churches Together is that this hospitable space for growing together must be inclusive of the diversity of Christian families in the United States, including Evangelical/Pentecostal, Orthodox, Catholic, Historic Protestant, and Historic African American communions.
Is your communion or denomination participating in CCT?
CCT Principles on Mass Incarceration
Christian Churches Together Response to Dr. King’s Letter from a Birmingham Jail Click Here
Biblical Study Guide for Small Groups Based on CCT Response Letter Click Here
Denominational Responses to Ferguson Crisis Click Here
Learn About CCT’s Participants
Evangelicals for Social Action
On earth as it is in heaven: radical love made visible.
We ‘aid and abet’ the body of Christ to practice holistic ministry, speak truth to power, and transform culture through education and activism in solidarity with those who are impoverished, oppressed, and marginalized. (i.e. we help Christians be better Christians)
All of life is under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our culture, economics, science, arts, social interactions, politics, etc. are all subject to His authority.
1. All truth comes from God. The Bible, as God’s written word, is our final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
2. The gospel has the power to transform and renew both individuals and society.
3. The church is called to be a global, multi-cultural model of the Kingdom of God as it points to the person of Jesus Christ and works towards God’s vision of a just society. Evangelism and social transformation are indivisible in the work of the kingdom. Women and men enjoy full rights of service and leadership at every level of the church.
4. People are created in the image of God. God’s redemptive love in Christ offers them life abundant. Anything that diminishes or destroys human life is an affront to God. Therefore, we embrace a consistently pro-life vision in all our work.
5. Creation is the personal handiwork of God and points us to the majesty, extravagance and creativity of God’s character. God has entrusted humanity with the responsibility to steward the creation for the mutual benefit of all.
6. Knowledge implemented is our goal. Faithful Christians combine understanding and doing, studying and acting, theoretical analysis and spiritual formation. Therefore equipping for action is at the heart of our work.
To learn more about the Evangelicals for Social Action visit their website